Introduction: Handmade Jute Rope Bag From Unused Plastic Bottle
Bags are a favorite of any girl and when it comes to handbags girls just go gaga over it. Usually, we keep surfing the internet and check different websites for the latest handbags available in the market. At times it doesn’t meet our daily needs or is beyond the budget.
The common problem is that at one point you realize that someone else also owns the handbag which you have and that creates frustration that it is not unique. Therefore, we will bring here a handbag which is made up of the unused bottle and that too with minimal materials available in the house. The unique feature of this bag is it is made from jute and is environment-friendly. Its design is unique and you can carry it anywhere with you. So, let’s start:
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Things Needed for Making Jute Bag
- Buckram cloth
- Harpic bottle
- Glue gun
- Jute strings
- Decorative laces
- Decorative pearl strings and beads
- Copper color spray
Step 2: Let's Start to Make Bag Using Bottle!
- Take a buckram cloth and draw the markings as shown.
- Now take a Harpic bottle and wrap the buckram cloth around it.
- Cover the entire bottle with the cloth and seal the ends and edges using a glue gun.
- Cut the wrapped cloth along the markings as shown and separate it from the bottle.
Step 3: Let's Cover the Bottle!
- It is now time to cover the bottle with jute strings.
- Apply glue on the cloth and paste the jute strings around the bottle.
- Remove the Hapric bottle from inside the cloth.
- Cut the upper flap in a semicircular manner as shown.
- Now paste the jute strings on the flap as well. This flap serves as the closure lid for the handbag.
Step 4: Let's Make Handle for the Bag!
- Take another piece of buckram cloth and draw measurements of 1 inch.
- Fold the cloth along the measurement drawings.
- Cut out long strips of the buckram cloth along the folded areas.
- Join the three strips of buckram cloth together to get a long stripe.
- Paste the jute strings vertically on this long stripe. This will serve as a handle for the bag.
Step 5: Let's Spray the Color!
- Take the packing tapes and paste it on the body and flap of the jute bag.
- Spray copper color on the jute bag to cover it completely with the paint.
- Repeat the same process for the bag handle as well.
- Now remove the packing tapes from the bag. The bag will now have a look of two shades: the copper color and the natural jute color.
- Take a Velcro and paste it on the flap and the body of the bag.
Step 6: Let's Decorate the Bag!
- It is now time to decorate the bag.
- Take a decorative pearl lace and stick it on the outer edges of the flap.
- Similarly, paste the pearl lace on the upper surface of the bag as shown.
- Stick a decorative pearl bead design on the upper portion of the flap to give it a nice look.
- Decorate the bottom of the bag using different laces.
- Attach the handle on the inside surface of the bag using glue.
Your jute handbag is ready to use!!
Step 7: Conclusion
It is a simple yet elegant handbag. You can carry items such as diary, mobile phones, pen etc. in this bag. Jute provides strength and support to the bag. Also, the bag looks quite different from the ones available in the market. Try this handbag and share your valuable feedback with us.