After making the layered frame card, I recalled a hanging decoration I had seen at Menards the other day. I thought I could recreate this with paper, so I did.
- Silhouette Cameo
- Paper of Choice
- Adhesive (tape or glue)
- Choose your image. The own shown is the "scalloped label."
- Copy and paste it about 1/4 an inch away from each other. I found it easiest to copy, paste it, lay it in top of the previous one and then drag out opposite corners just a little way.
- I ended up with 10 images. You can go out and in as far as you want.
- Send it to the Silhouette cutter.
- Lay out your first piece and (if you are using glue) dab glue on opposite corners.
- Gently press the thread down so it is stretched between it the corners. Don't leave it too loose.
- Carefully repeat this using ever other piece that was cut out.
- If you used glue, leave it to dry completely.
- Now find a nice open place to hang it up, keeping in mind it is made of paper.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Participated in the
Make It Real Challenge