Want to give a colourful boost to your birthday cake? This instructable is so simple, quick and enjoyable that you'll never buy again decorative letters for birthday cakes!
I made them for my brother's birthday (of course I made him the cake as well but recipe isn't included in this instructable :P ) and his surprise was so big that I felt proud of the impression this little thing made to him! ^_^
Step 1: Gather Materials (very Easy and Cheap)
Materials are very cheap, however I couldn't calculate the cost because I had already them. Colored cardstock shouldn't be expensive and almost all kitchens have toothpicks...! So, I used:
- Colored card stocks (choose whatever color you like)
- Some toothpicks
Step 2: Make Letters Easy Peasy!
- Draw letters on the card stock
- Cut a little cube around the letter and make sure to have 2 sides
- Cut the letter and make sure you have 1 pair per letter
- Glue generously the two halves to make sure toothpick wouldn't move!
- If you wish you can decorate your letters with colored marker pens
...and finished! You can now decorate your birthday cake!
* I made an abbreviation of the word ''birthday'' and just wrote ''bday'' instead to have enough space on the cake to wrote my brother's name as well!