Running a Raspberry Pi B+ (hopefully other models too) without a dedicated monitor.
NB: This is assuming that an OS has already been installed.
Step 1: Things Needed.
1. Raspberry Pi
2. Power source for Pi.
3. Ethernet cable.
4. A laptop running a windows OS.
Step 2: Software Needed on Laptop.
1. Install an SSH client on laptop. (Recommend Putty)
2. Install a dhcp server on laptop. (Search for windows dhcp server online and install)
3. Install an X server. (Recommend Xming)
Step 3: After Software Installations (Getting IP)
1. Launch dhcp server.
2. Connect Pi and laptop using Ethernet cable.
3. Power on Pi.
4. Wait till windows notifies you of a new device. (An IP address and MAC number will appear)
5. Take note of the IP address; it is the IP assigned to the Pi by the dhcp server.
Step 4: After Software Installations (Putty)
1. Launch putty.
2. Enter the assigned IP at host name.
3. Port 22 is entered as default. Do not change it.
4. Select SSH as connection type.
5. The left pane shows category; click connection, then SSH, then X11.
6. Check enable X11 forwarding.
7. Click Session in the category pane.
8. Enter a name (example, Pi) in the saved sessions fields and click save.
Step 5: After Software Installations (Xming)
1. Launch XLaunch.
2. Select multiple windows.
3. Next, select Start no client.
4. Click next until save configuration.
5. Save configuration and click finish.
Step 6: Headless Pi
1. Open saved putty configuration by double clicking name.
2. User name: Pi
3. Password: raspberry (if it hasn't been changed)
4. Type lxpanel or lxsession and hit enter.
5. Viola! Full graphic mode of your Pi.