Do you remember "Sitting is bad for you" post from Instructables blog?
That told us we shouldn't sit for a long time. We should have a break after a few sitting on a chair.
It's many hours I am sitting on a chair to work with PC, and I know it's not good.
But who can told me "Hey, It's time to break!" ?
Maybe "Health Reminder"!
Health reminder is a simple script that warn with a message box, when you should have a break.
That will help you to have a healthy body and intercept long sitting times!
Step 1: Scripting
- Open Notepad
- Copy (Ctrl+C) and Paste (Ctrl+V) below code in the editor:
x=msgbox ("Hey, It's time to break!" ,64, "Health Reminder")
Above code, wrote with VBScript language.
Below, I will explain what we saw there:
Line1: Start a ring of orders (do)
Line2: Wait for 30 minutes (30 minutes is 1800000 Milliseconds. you can use Windows calculator to convert amounts.)
Line3: After that, show me a message box with "Hey, It's time to break!" content and "Health Reminder" title. 64 is the message box type. For more info about message types, check out here.)
Line4: Repeat this process
Step 2: Save
- Go to File>Save (or press Ctrl+S)
- Choose a name for the file and add ".vbs" in end of that. e.g: EXAMPLE.vbs
- Choose a location & Click Save.
Step 3: Change Icon
- Right click on the file and select "Create shortcut"
- In the new opened window, click on "Change Icon..." button.
- Choose your favorite icon. Note. You can only choose icons with .ico format type. You can use ConvertIcon to convert an image to.ico format.
Step 4: Tips & Tricks
- How to stop this script?
- Press Alt+Ctrl+Delete.
- Click on "Start Task manager"
- choose "Processes".
- Find "wscript.exe"
- Click on "End process"
- How to make this script auto-run, when Windows is starting?
- Press "Windows" button.
- Click on "All Programs".
- Find Startup in list.
- Open up it and copy-paste the script shortcut into the folder.