So this is my simple recipe for healthy, guilt free energy bars, great for everyone going back to school/college/uni etc! They are so quick and easy to make, no cooking is involved, all you need is a food blender.
1 cup of dried pitted dates
3/4 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup of shredded coconut OR almond flakes OR a bit of both!
3 Tbsp coco powder (OR hot chocolate powder)
1 tsp Honey
Splash of Almond milk
- First, grab your bender or food processor and add all the ingredients listed above one by one, blending each ingredient before the next is added. (I couldn’t fit all of my ingredients in my blender so I halved the portions and blended it that way.)
- Once you have all of the ingredients blended, place some greaseproof paper into a small tray (I used a plastic Chinese takeaway tub, but any tub or tray will do).
- Then scoop the sticky clump of energy into the tray and press down with a spoon into the tray so that it is flat and smooth. It should be about an inch high within the tub.
- If you are like me and like to make it look fancy and certainly less sticky to eat, sprinkle oats over the top and press down firmly to keep in place.
- Lastly, place in the fridge for 1 hour to harden and your done!
- If you find that is is still quiet sticky after you chop the bar into squares (as shown in the photos), dab each bar into oats, coating the sides and bottom.
- Tub it up and you have around 8 energy bars to last you in the fridge!
Runner Up in the