Intro: Healthy Upma- 15 Min Breakfast Recipe
Want to have a healthy wholesome breakfast but don't have time to spend in the kitchen in the morning. This recipe is made especially to give you nutritious as well as tasty food which can be cooked in a zip. So try it out now and do share your experiences in the comment.
Step 1: Ingredients
- Roasted Semolina( suji / rava ) - 1 cup
- Roasted and Grinded Oats - 1/2 cup
- Carrot - 2
- Peas - 1/2 cup
- Onion - 1
- Oil - 3-4 tablespoon
- Salt - According to taste
- Peanut - 50 g
Mustard seeds - 1/2 teblespoon
Yellow split peas ( Bengal gram/ chana dal )- 20 g
- Grated coconut and carrot
- Cilantro ( coriander leaves )
- Nuts -Almond,cashew
Step 2: Preparation
- Take a pan and heat it.
- Pour oil in pan and add mustard seeds, yellow split peas and peanuts in it.
- After the crackling down of seeds and nuts, add chopped onions in it and cook it till it turns golden brown.
- Add chopped carot and peas and saute it for 2 minutes.
- Now, add rosted semolina and roasted grinded oats , saute it for 2-3 minute
- Then add boiled water and salt according to taste. ( Water should be enough so that the whole mixture can be dissolved in it)
- Now , leave it to boil , stir it continuously and let it to be dry.
Step 3: Garnishing
Garnish it with grated coconuts , carrots and cilantro. And enjoy the yummy breakfast.
Runner Up in the
20-Minute Meals Challenge