Introduction: Healthy Vegan Gluten Free Tahini Brownies
Healthy Fudgy Brownies that are full of healthy fats, vitamins and minerals. The main ingredient is TAHINI (sesame paste) which I know sounds weird, but it really works well with chocolate and gives the brownies a fudgy texture.
This recipe is VEGAN, GLUTEN-FREE, DAIRY-FREE and REFINED SUGAR-FREE,
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
- 1 cup (237g) tahini
- 1/3 cup (6 tbsp) honey (or other liquid sweetener)
- 1/2 cup (90g) oat flour (plain oats blended into a flour in a food processor/blender)
- 1 chia egg - 1 tbsp chia seeds mixed with 3 tbsp water
- 3 tbsp cocoa/cacao powder
- 3 tbsp chopped dates
- 2 tbsp cacao nibs (or chocolate chips)
- 1 tsp vanilla paste (or 2 tsp vanilla extract)
- 1/4 tsp salt Instructions
- Preheat your oven to 180*C/ 350*F
- Prepare you chia egg - in a small bowl, mix together 1 tbsp chia seeds with 3 tbsp water. Leave to set for 10-15 minutes or until the seeds soak up all the water and turn into a gel like consistency.
- In a bowl, add the tahini. To that, add the chia egg, honey, cocoa, oat flour and salt. Give everything a good mix.Now fold in the chopped dates and cacao nibs (or chocolate chips).
- Transfer the mixture into an 8" cake tin covered with parchment paper and spread out the mixture.
- Bake for around 20 minutes.Leave to cool completely before slicing