A hearty apple is a fun way to bring a smile to anyone's face. Pack it in a lunch or serve it at mealtime. This tutorial will show you how quick and easy you can turn an ordinary apple into an extraordinary apple.
Step 1: What You Need
- 2 Red apples
- 2 Green apples
- 1 Sprig parsley
- 1 Small lemon wedge or lemon juice
- 1 Heart Shaped mini cookie cutter
- 1 Small Paring knife
- Small dish for the lemon juice.
Step 2: Wash the Fruit
Make sure the apples and lemon are washed and dried before starting.
Step 3: Bloopers
- The first one I cut was much too deep.
- You want to pierce the apple skin and go just a little past that point.
- You want a shallow heart shape.
Here are pictures I took to show what to do and what not to do.
Step 4: Juice the Lemon
- Squeeze the lemon juice into a small bowl so you can dip the heart into it as soon as possible.
Step 5: Cookie Cutter
- Eyeball where you want the heart to be.
- Center the cookie cutter over that area.
- Apply a little pressure and push the cookie cutter into the apple leaving enough of the cookie cutter to pull it out.
- Carefully remove the cookie cutter so the cut is a clean cut.
Step 6: Carving the Apple Heart
- Take the paring knife and carefully slip it under the apple skin.
- Carve around the apple shape with a shallow cut.
- Remove the heart.
Step 7: Coat the Apple With Lemon Juice
- To keep the apple from turning brown take the lemon piece and coat the exposed apple pieces with the lemon or juice.
- This should be done as soon as possible. I waited a little too long.
Step 8: Swap Apple Hearts
- Swap the green and red hearts to each apple by placing them into the exposed apple hearts.
- That is it!
Step 9: Sunshiine's Final Thoughts
It is not too difficult to make these once you cut out a few of the hearts. Hopefully the tips will help you. I had to figure it out for myself.
I went to the store to buy some nice big apples and they did not have any.
Thank you for stopping by and please do visit again. Remember to have a splendorous day!