Introduction: Hearty Breakfast Bake
A perfect breakfast to start off a cold winter morning.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Ingredients
12 Rhodes Dinner Rolls, baked
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 pounds sirloin, cut into
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 1/2 teaspoons pepper
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 onion, chopped
2 red bell peppers, chopped
8 ounces grated Pepper Jack cheese
8 ounces grated sharp cheddar cheese
1 1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
12 large eggs
2 cups half and half
1/2 cup milk
Step 2: Instructions
1. Cut dinner rolls into 1-inch cubes and place in the bottom of a sprayed 9x13-inch baking dish.
2. Heat oil in large skillet on medium high heat.
3. Sprinkle salt and pepper on sirloin cubes and brown for about 5 minutes, stirring often.
4. Add garlic, onion and bell pepper and cook until vegetables are tender.
5. Spread meat mixture over bread.
6. Sprinkle with cheeses and Italian seasoning.
7. In a bowl, beat eggs, half and half and milk and pour evenly over mixture.
8. Cover and refrigerate for at least 8 hours.
9. Remove from fridge and let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes before baking.
10. Bake at 350°F 70-80 minutes.
11. Cover with foil after 50 minutes to prevent over browning.
12. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.