In this instructable, RusticKraft presents DIY Helmet Cooler made of cardboard. Summer relief for the Bike riders. It’s easily compatible with any full musk helmets.
- Empty Tictac Box
- Tube Connector
- Tool Box
- Popsicle Sticks
- Aquarium Pipe
- Steel hook*2
Step 1: Step 1: Making Primary Water Chamber
We need an empty toolbox for the water chamber.
- Make a small hole at the end of the box.
- Attach a Tube connector and seal it with M-seal.
- Gather some toothpicks and cover them with cotton.
- Now make some holes on the toolbox as shown.
- And place the toothpicks in the holes.
- Then with popsicle sticks make a stand to hold the toothpicks straight.
You can watch the video too
Step 2: Step 2: Fixing Primary Water Chamber (All Templates Are Available to Download)
Now we need the cardboard sheet B.
- Make a hole at one corner of the sheet for the nozzle of the tube connector. (as shown in the images)
- Then place and attach the Water chamber on the sheet B with super glue.
- Then fold the sides of the sheet as shown in the templates. (To download the templates click here)
Step 3: Step 3: Making Primary Water Chamber
Then we need an empty TicTac box for the water tank.
- Fix a knob with the tictac opener. (so that it open easily by pulling the knob)
- Now make a hole at the end of the TicTac.
- And attach an L-shape aquarium pipe and seal it with M-seal.
- Now join the Tictac pipe with the tube connector of the toolbox(water chamber) on sheet B.
(Water fills in the Tictac, Gets released in the Toolbox, Gradually water gets soaked up with the help of the cotton toothpicks)
Step 4: Step 4: Fixing Secondary Water Chamber
Now we need Sheet D2.
- Attach sheet D2 with sheet B (as shown in the images)
Step 5: Step 5: Powering the Cooler
Now we need sheet D1 and sheet C.
- Join the sheets together. (as shown in images)
- Now we need a Battery Charging Module.
- Connect the Module with a Li-ion Battery.
- Then connect a Coreless Motor with the Module.
- Now attach it on sheet D1.
- Now take a push button and attach at the back side of sheet D1.
- And connect it with the Module and Coreless Motor.
Step 6: Step 6: Placing Fan and Fixing All Sides
Now attach Sheet C and D1 with Sheet B and D2. (as shown in the images.)
- Give a cut on sheet C for the opener of TicTac box.
- Fix the body of TicTac with M-seal.
- Make a stand with popsicle sticks for the Motor.
Step 7: Step 8: Adjusting the Front Panel
Now take the cardboard sheet A.
- Attach a net on the sheet.
- Now attach the sheet A with other sheets. (as shown in the images)
Step 8: Step 8: Making the Wind Pass. Template Available to Download
Then we need the last sheet E.
- Take 2 hooks and screw it on the sheet. (as shown in the images)
- Then take the sheet F1 and F2 and fold them as shown in the templates. (to download the templates click here)
- Fold the sheets as shown and join them.
- We will get a pipe shape cardboard.
- Pass the pipe through the square cut on the sheet E and stick them.
- Then fold the sheet E as shown in the templates.
Step 9: Step 9: Wrapped Up All Sides! and Strapped It Around the Helmet. DONE
Now take both parts of cardboard sheets and join them. (as shown in the images)
- Then tie a strap on the hooks.
- And set it in the helmet.
- Fill the water tank with water.
- And switch on the motor.
- Here finally The Helmet Cooler is ready, now enjoy the sunny ride...
If you liked my effort, join on my one-clicksubscription listand 'Ring the bell'. See you in my next.
Watch the Finished Look
Participated in the
Big and Small Contest