Introduction: Duct Tape Ziploc Pouch
Hi Everyone. Just a little about myself. I Love Duct Tape and making things from Duct Tape. Today I am going to show you step by step how to make a Duct Tape Ziploc Pouch. This Pouch can also be made for boys just use whatever color you like. Lets Begin!.
What You will Need.
3.Clear Tape (optional)
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Making the 2 Panels and Measuring
1.First we will start with a Ziploc that is 5 inches . Our pouch will be 4 inches but we start out with a 5 inch just in case we make some oopsies. Also cut off some of the Ziploc bag and leave about 1 inch on the bottom of the Ziploc. When you are done it should look like the picture Step A 1..
2. Ok! Next step is to separate the two Ziploc strips, then lay them down but make sure they are facing up. Take a 5 inch piece of Duct Tape and lay the tape just below the Ziploc zipper. When you are done it should look like the picture Step 1.
3. . Take the first unfinished panel and lay it sticky side down on a measuring mat. Continue laying Duct Tape until you have reached 4 inches long. Use a Ruler and an Xacto Knife, measure 4 inches wide and cut off any extra Duct Tape. Do the Same for the second unfinished panel. When you are done it should look like the pictures in step 1 and step 2..
Step 2: Completing the Two Panels and Measuring.
1. Lay one panel sticky side and zipper facing down. Using your Outside color Duct Tape take 5 inches and lay it just above the Ziploc zipper. When you are done it should look like the picture step 1.
2.Take the unfinished panel and flip it over sticky side up. (As seen in step 2) Fold over the sticky side of the outside color onto the sticky side of the panel. 3. Continue laying the outside Duct tape until you have covered the entire sticky side of one panel, when your done put it to the side and continue with the second Panel. The second will be a little different. Follow the same steps as 1 and 2 but leave a half inch of sticky at the bottom of the second panel. When you are done it should look like the picture step 3. 4. Take a ruler and xacto knife and measure both completed panels 4 inches wide. One panel should be 4 inches wide 4 inches long the other should be 4 inches wide and 4 inches long with a half inch of sticky at the bottom. When you are done it should look like the picture step 4.
Step 3: Connecting the Two Panels
1. OK! Now connect the two panels by simply laying the first panel over the sticky on the second panel. When you are done it should look like the pictures step 1 and Step 2.
2. So that we have no sticky on the bottom of our pouch simply add a strip or clear tape down the middle of the connected panels.( If you don't have clear tape simply use Duct Tape.) When you are done it should look like the picture step 3.
Step 4: Completing the Pouch
1. Close the two panels by pressing the Ziploc together. Your only half way there! When you are done it should look like the picture step 1.
2. Tape a 5 inch piece of Duct Tape and using an Xacto knife cut down the middle of the tape making two 5 inch long pieces. When you are done it should look like the pictures step 2.
3.Take one 5 inch strip and lay it half on and half off of the pouch. (as seen in first step 3)
Flip the Pouch and cover the other side of the pouch with the remaining sticky. ( as seen in second step 3.)
Do the other side of the Pouch the same way using the second piece of 5 inch strip.
4. Congrats! you have completed a Ziplock Pouch. ( as seen in step 4 and step 5.)
If you would like to add a flap to your pouch please continue ..........
Step 5: Completing the Flap
1. Place your inside color on the measuring mat first. Taking an Xacto Knife and ruler measure 4 inches long and 4 inches wide. Cut away any tape you don't need and flip the sheet over sticky side up. When you are done it should look like the pictures first step 1 and second step 1.
2. ( THIS STEP IS KINDA TRICKY PLEASE USE THE PICTURES AS REFERENCE) Using your outside color Duct Tape cover the entire sticky side of the bottom sheet. As you lay your tape down please make sure you leave about a half inch of sticky on the top and bottom and both sides. Using your Xacto knife and ruler cut away any tape you don't need. Now flip over the entire sheet. When you are done it should look like the pictures first step 2 ,second step 2 and first step 3 .
3. Now cut a box out of each of the 4 corners. When you are done it should look like the picture first step 3.
4. Close the sticky side in on all 3 sides leaving 1 sticky open. When you are done it should look like the pictures second step 3 and the completed picture.
Step 6: Adding the Flap
1. Now lay your flap sticky side down 1 inch away from the top of the Ziploc Top of the Pouch. When you are done it should look like the first picture.
2. Flip your completed pouch over it should look like the remaining two pictures.
Step 7: We're All Done!!
And your Duct Tape Ziploc Pouch is complete. Now grab some things and put them in your pouch. The Ziploc makes your pouch secure so nothing falls out.
Step 8: Decorating Your Duct Tape Ziploc Pouch
Now lets decorate! You can use anything like Adhesive Diamond and Stickers of all shapes and sizes.
Be Unique Be Different. Make your Creation POP!.
I hope my directions were understandable. For more unique Duct Tape Creations by Hello2Cheeks click the links below.
Duct Tape Booklet Purse/Tote-Create Explore and Be Unique !!
Participated in the