Introduction: High Protein Cookies - Vegan
I love cookies, I love peanut butter.... so What could go wrong?
This cookies are made basically with peanut butter and oat flour.
This is the reason this cookies are suituable for fitness people. But this cookies are so delicious that everybody are gonna love it!
As an extra option, chocolate can be added: Melted chocolate drizzle or chocolate chips.
- 400gr peanut butter. Creamy is preferedd, but you can try with crispy peanut butter.
- 200gr coconut milk (from a can, with at least 80% fat)
- Sweetener: I am adding 4 teaspoons of cane honey, but you can add your favourite sweetener (brown sugar, syrup, panela, etc)
- 400gr oat flour. The one I used is chocolate flavour, you can use natural flavour or the one you prefer.
- 15 gr baking powder
- Optional: Dark Chocolate
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Preheat Oven
- Preheat the oven to 280 - 350 degrees.
- Line a baking tray with a baking sheet and set aside. Later, we will will place our cookies in this baking tray.
Step 2: Mix Ingredients
- In a bowl, stir the coconut mil with the cane honey (or your sweetening ingredient) .
- In a different bowl mix the peanut butter, oat flour and the baking powder.
- Mix well all the ingredients and then mix together.
Step 3: Form Balls
- Using a tablespoon, form a ball with the cookie dough and place it on the baking sheet.
- Repeat with the remaining dough.
- With your hand, flatten gently the cookies into round discs.
Step 4: Baking
- Now bake for aproximate 15 minutes or until golden.
- Carefully, remove the tray from the oven and let cool.
Step 5: Chocolate Time!
- Once the cookies are cooled, your cookies are ready!
- But optionally you can add chocolate. In order to do this, melt dark chocolate in a saucepan or microwave. Then the melted chocolate over the cookies and once cold, yout cookies are ready!