Guacamole in So Cal is like Gumbo on the Gulf Coast. Everyone has their own recipe and each is delicious. Considering you need very few ingredients its hard to go wrong.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Ingredients
- 3 to 4 each 1/2 inch diced large Haas Avocados
- 1/2 each diced Red Onion
- 1 each finely diced Jalapeno
- 2 each tablespoons Roland Diced Pimentos
- 3 each tablespoons chopped Fresh Cilantro
- 1 each squeezed Lime
- 1/4 each teaspoon McCormick Coarse Ground Black Pepper
- 1/4 each teaspoon McCormick Oregano Leaves
- 1/4 each teaspoon Morton Kosher Salt
- 3 to 4 each Avocado Pits
Step 2: Instructions
- Wash your hands with medium hot and soap.
- Using a large stainless steel mixing bowl add 3 to 4 each 1/2 inch diced large Haas Avocados.
- Keep Avocado Pits aside for later.
- Add 1/2 each diced Red Onion,
- 1 each finely diced Jalapeno,
- 2 each tablespoons Roland Diced Pimentos and
- 3 each tablespoons chopped Fresh Cilantro.
- Squeeze in 1 each Lime and
- add 1/4 each teaspoon McCormick Coarse Ground Black Pepper, 1/4 each teaspoon McCormick Oregano Leaves and 1/4 each teaspoon Morton Kosher Salt.
- Add 3 to 4 Avocado Pits in and mix contents until blended.
- Transfer contents into serving bowl.
- Refrigerate for one hour to allow flavoring to blend.
Step 3: Secret to Keeping Your Guacamole Fresh! Save the Pits!
Adding the pits in will help the Guacamole to stay fresher along with the Lime it works as a natural preservative.
Step 4: DONE!
Along with freshly made Tortilla Chips there are very few appetizers that scream So Cal like this. This simple recipe allows for your own personal variation so feel free to add what you like. But don't forget to enjoy this with family and friends they'll be impressed.
Participated in the
Summer Fun Contest 2016