Make air hardening clay from baking soda and corn starch. And make skull pendant from that clay at home.
- Baking Soda
- Corn Starch
- Copper Wire
- Wire Cutter
- Wire Pliers
Step 1: Video
Step 2: Clay Making
- Take two parts of baking soda and one part of corn starch.
- Mix them well.
- Add cold water and again mix them well.
- Put the mixture in saucepan and cook on low heat until it thicken.
- Take it off from saucepan and let it cool (30 minutes).
- Knead the clay until smooth.
Step 3: Prepare the Wire
- Take a 3 foot copper wire bend it to make it double.
- Bend it two times more.
- Cut the wire from each end, bend parts. Now each wire is separate.
- Make a "U" like shape.
Step 4: Making the Structure
- Twist the wire from center to get all together.
- Pull two wire from one end twist them little bit. And open them from end.
- Do the same from other side.
- In same manner make the whole structure shown in pictures or you can make your own any shape like Sheep horn or Antelope horn.
Step 5: Complete the Horn
- Cover the copper wire frame with clay and make the horn ends pointy.
- Use nail cleaner for detailing.
Step 6: Skull Making
- Take clay and make skull like shape.
- Make skull eye socket just by pressing some thing in it. I have used nail cleaner for it. Match stick or anything could be used.
- Make nose sockets.
- Make thin line in center.
- Finally combine the horn with skull and merge them.
- Leave it to dry at room temperature.
- When its completely dry, wrap thin copper wire on one horn and same wire on other horn.
- Put chain in between these wire.
Runner Up in the
Baking Soda Challenge 2017