All that you need are -
- 4 peeled potatoes - parboiled until they start to soften
- 1 beaten egg
- 2 tbs skim milk powder
- 1/3 cup plain flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp softened butter
- Oil to fry in.
- Cheese slicer (or very sharp knife)
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Roughly mix all the ingredients together, and then gently smash it with the help of a large spoon - preferably a NON-STICK one.
Freeze it for sometime - 15 minutes, and then put the mix in between 2 sheets of baking paper.
- Don't use too much pressure as you go on, as the mix is very soft.
- It will come to an quarter of inch thick.
- Take of the top sheet and put it into your freezer until it turns SOLID.
- Take it out after it is done, and then cut it using a very sharp cutter or knife.
Fry it very deep in oil for around 2 minutes. And then take it on the rack, so that the excess oil can drip off. Repeat the process after you are done with all of your hash browns. and once they are cooled, leave it aside for another 30 seconds or so.
Tip - This step is very important, as this will give you the perfect crunch you are looking for...
AND SO... you are done with your CRUNCHY YUMMY HASH BROWNS..
Eat it with any dip you like. However I prefer any cheesy dip or hot tomato dip ... ITS A PERFECT MOUTH WATERING EASY TO MAKE SNACK FOR YOU :)