Making homemade almond butter is a little time consuming, but easy & less expensive than purchasing at the store.
The supplies needed are minimal & the taste is delicious and well worth the time. There are several methods out on the internet ALOT ofthem having you soaking overnight and then heating them in your oven for up to 12 hours! Umm, I don't plan on heating up my house, HELLO... it's summer, it's already hot enough don't you think?
This recipe is a combination of a few I found online & I tweaked them to my own taste, feel free to do the same. Most importantly- ENJOY!
Step 1: Ingrediants & Supplies Needed
- food processor
- 1 cup (for measuring)
- 1 Tbsp. (for measuring)
- Raw Almonds
- Sea Salt (optional)
- Coconut Oil( or oil of your choosing)
- Container (for storing Almond Butter)
Step 2: Preparing to Make Almond Butter
- Add 3 cups of raw almonds to food processor
- Add a pinch of sea salt (optional)
- Turn machine on LOW & allow to run for 10-20 minutes (make sure to stop periodically to scrape down the side)
Step 3: Through the Various Stages
After about 5 minutes, the almonds will be coarsely chopped ( see image 1)
After about 10 minutes+, the almonds will be finer ( see image 2 )
After about 20+, the almonds will start to gum up looking more like a thick mash
Step 4: Adding the Finishing Touches
- Add 3 TBSP of coconut oil
- Additional salt- to taste* (optional)
- Continue to blend on low speed until the thick gummy mash turns into smooth almond butter
- At this point, you can transfer the yummy almond butter to the jar or add a bit of honey or Agave- to taste*
- STORE IN FRIDGE
Now, go make yourself an almond butter & jelly sandwich, cut up an apple or heck... just get out a spoon...