I have a project that record leaf movements of plants due to different light directions. So I need to record at least 5-6 hours to capture movement of plants. I have Canon PowerShot SX150 which is run via 2 AA battery equals to 3.15V. I used it before and 2 AA battery were not enough for recording 5-6 hours. They were finished until capture a movement. So I decided to make a DC coupler (battery shell) and also 3.15 2A regulator. I have succeed and prepared a video about how to make a DC coupler for Canon PowerShot SX150. Next instructable will be about How to make 3.15V regulator for this purpose.
Step 1: What You Need
- a knife, dremel, (optional)
- permanent pencil
- basically soldering equipment
- hot glue
- plastic tape
- Canon PowerShot SX150 or equivalent camera and 3.15V 2A power supply
- 2 x 5ml injections
- 3 x consumed AA battery
- red and black bell wire about 15-20 cm (optional)
- macaron cable (melting cable)
Step 2: How to Make
I prepared a video that involving all step of making DC coupler (battery shell).
Good luck with it.