I have always enjoyed those tasty frosty desserts from Wendy's. Cool, creamy and refreshing, but not always within my reach. It was a very long time ago when I realized that as long as I had ice cream in the freezer and a spoon on hand, i would be able to enjoy this tasty treat at anytime.
The process is very simple and can be very rewarding.
Let's get started!
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Homemade Frosty - Materials
1. Ice Cream*
4. Elbow Grease
*You may use any flavour of ice cream. However, flavours that contain chunks of ingredients, such as nuts or chocolate chips, will make this process a little more challenging, but not impossible.
**It is best to use a single serving ice cream bowl (similar in size to the one below).
Step 2: Homemade Frosty - Step 1: Measuring
Once you have gathered all your materials:
- Start by scooping ice cream from the tub into your bowl.
- I would recommend 1 - 2 scoops, but that is totally up to you and the size of your bowl.
*Remember: the more ice cream, the more elbow grease!
Step 3: Homemade Frosty - Step 2: Mixing
Now you are ready to mix! This is your chance to use up all of that elbow grease you have lying around! Take your spoon and start mixing.
- I started by pressing down on the scoops of ice cream with the convex side of the spoon.
- Then I poked the ice cream with the tip of the spoon.
- Now you can start to mix in a circular motion. After a few spins you will be halfway done.
- Be cautious, the ice cream will have a tendency to spill over the sides of the bowl.
- Keep mixing until you are satisfied with your results.
Step 4: Homemade Frosty - Step 3: Enjoy!
Now you can sit back and enjoy your cool, creamy and refreshing dessert!