Introduction: Homemade Hot Pockets
Cooking time-15 minutes
Makes- 5-6 Hot Pockets
Pizza dough ingredients:
3 1/2 to 4 cups bread flour, plus more for rolling
1 teaspoon sugar
1 envelope instant dry yeast
2 teaspoons kosher salt
1 1/2 cups water, 110 degrees F
2 tablespoons olive oil
Hot Pocket ingredients:
*depends on what you want to put in yours.
I made- ham & swiss, turkey & cheese, pepperoni & mozzarella
Step 1: Pizza Dough
1. Make the pizza dough.....
a. Combine the bread flour, sugar, yeast and kosher salt in a mixer and combine.
b. While the mixer is running, add the water and 2 tablespoons of the oil. Beat until the dough forms into a ball.
* If the dough is sticky, add additional flour, 1 tablespoon at a time, until the dough comes together in a solid ball.
2. Place the dough onto a lightly floured surface and gently knead into a smooth, firm ball.
3. In a greased bowl place dough, cover the bowl with plastic wrap and put it in a warm area to let it double in size, about 40 minutes.
4. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees
5. Set out and chop/shred the ingredients you want to put in your hot pocket.
6. Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and divide it into 3 inch balls.
7. Sprinkle a cookie sheet with cornmeal or non stick spray.
Step 2: Stuffing the Dough
1. Roll out dough, place ingredients on the rolled out piece.
2. Next, Roll the dough and meat up. Start on one end and roll. Tuck the ends under the hot pocket and place on a cookie sheet.
3. Repeat until done.
4. Brush a little butter on top of each hot pocket.
5. Bake for 15-20 minutes until golden brown.
Step 3: Enjoy!
Participated in the
Valentine's Day Challenge 2016