Time: 20-30 mins
Makes: 5 gallons
1 cup borax
1 bar fels Naptha OR (Zote, Octogon, Castile, or other high quality lye soap if felts - naptha is not available in your area).
1 cup washing soda
*I turned the baking soda into washing soda, by placing baking soda on a cookie sheet and baking for 20 minutes at 400 degrees. I found this idea on Pinterest.com if you want more information on why or how this works.
Step 1: Shred & Heat
1. Shred fels naptha bar.
2. Place 4 -5 cups of water in a sauce pan and add the shredded soap. Heat on medium heat, until soap is disolved.
3. Fill up 5 gallon bucket half way with hot water.
4. Add the soap mixture.
5. . Add 1 cup borax and 1 cup washing soda. Mix.
6. Fill the rest of the bucket with hot water. Stir well.
Step 2: Pour & Store
7. Using a funnel pour the liquid into jugs, a containers with a lid or plastic laundry containers.
8. Let the mixture sit over night to gel up and it's ready to use.