You can easily build this giant leaf vacuum for around $50.
- Cut 4'x3' half inch plywood for base and attach to back of mower.
- Prop up back end of plywood with a 5 foot long 2x2
- Build a 3'x4'x4' wire frame box out of 2x2s, on top of the plywood base.
- Wrap the box with deer netting and staple on.
- Cut a 3 foot wide x 8 inch tall hole at the bottom back of the box and attach a plywood door
- Cut a hole in the front of the box for the leaves to go in.
- Add 8-inch vent pipe to the mower leaf tube, to send the leaves to the top of the box.
- Mow to collect leaves and use a leaf blower to empty the box.
Participated in the
Brave the Elements 2016