This instructable will show you how to create a very simple locket and chain made completely from scratch. This project is easy to complete and does not require any special skills.
Step 1: Getting Materials
- Wire cutter
- Needle nose pliers
- A piece of clear plastic
Step 2: Making the First Chain Loop
- Take your wire and bend it into a small loop using the needle nose pliers
- Then use the wire cutters to separate the loop from the rest of the wire
- Using the needle nose pliers, bend the loop together to form a circle
Step 3: Making the Chain
- Take your wire and bend it into a small loop like you did in step 2
- Then use the wire cutters to separate the loop from the rest of the wire like you did in step 2
- Put the loop through the first loop you made and bend it into a circle
- Repeat this step until you get a chain with your desired length. Then crimp the end pieces together. Try and make each loop into the shape of a circle as best you can.
Note: if you want to you can hot glue each individual loop to prevent scratching on the person's neck. This is optional.
Step 4: Making the Locket
- Using the needle nose pliers take your wire and bend it into the locket shape you want
- Make the exact same shape as you did, except larger. The first shape should fit inside the second larger shape. The second shape should have an attached loop at the top.
- Bend a separate piece of wire into the shape of a 'U'. This piece should also have a small hump.
Step 5: Attaching the Plastic
- Tape your wire shapes onto a piece of plastic
- Then cut out the plastic around the wire
- Remove the tape and glue the wire onto the plastic
- For the second shape, glue the ‘U’ shaped wire that you created earlier to the bottom of the shape. There is going to be a shaft that goes through the top loop and hooks to the ‘U’ piece
Step 6: Connecting Locket and Chain
- Using the needle nose pliers and wire cutters, make a wire shaft with two hooks on it. The length of the shaft should be longer than your locket.
- Take your chain and crimp one of the hooks on the shaft to the chain so it won’t come off.
Step 7: Making Everything Work
- Once you have completed all the steps, put your picture in the larger wire shape.
- Then put the smaller shape over top of it.
- Then insert the shaft into the loop at the top and hook it at the bottom.