This Honey Garlic Chipotle Chicken recipe is simple, and great any day of the week. Consisting of a mixture of herbs and spices blended with chipotle peppers, what's not to love. Toss any cut of chicken with this marinade and throw it on the grill, you won't regret it. Enjoy the instructable and happy cooking!!
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Ingredients List
For the chicken marinade:
1) 2.5-3.0 lb chicken drumsticks
2) 1 can of Embasa Chipotle Peppers in Adobo Sauce
3) 1 Tbsp Honey
4) 2 cloves of garlic
5) 1 tsp oregano
6) 1/2 tsp cumin
7) Salt and pepper to taste
For the Cilantro Lime Dip:
1) 3/4 C or 6 oz plain Greek yogurt
2) 1/4 C Mayo
3) 1/4 Lime juice (~2-3 Limes)
4) 1/8 tsp garlic powder
5) 2 Tbsp minced cilantro
6) 2 green onions chopped
7) 1/2 tsp salt
8) 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
Step 2: Lets Get Cooking...
For the chicken:
1) Add all the marinade ingredients into a blender and blend until well mixed
Note: I pre-blended the chipotle peppers and froze them in ~1 Tbsp amounts. This is a great way for having them on hand anytime for whatever recipe. Or you can just toss in the peppers (sauce and all) with the rest of the ingredients and blend it then. If too spicy for your taste, just reduce the number of peppers in the marinade, but keep the sauce.
2) Coat the chicken in the marinade, cover, and refrigerate for 30 min or up to 24 hours. Reserve some of the marinade and baste the chicken while grilling.
3) Grill the chicken on med-high heat for 10-15 min until cooked through, turning halfway through. Serve with dipping sauce.
For the dipping sauce:
1) Combine all ingredients in a small bowl and mix. Let stand at room temperature for 30 min so flavors can combine.
Participated in the
Some Like It Hot Contest