Introduction: Honey - Grandma's Medicine
Let us discuss about Ancient Tamil Home Remedies with honey.
It is also called Grandma's Medicine (Paati vaithiyam / Kai Vaithiyam )
The medicine is prepared from the available materials from Kitchen and Garden. We had holy basil and betal plant in our garden and use it in case of cold & cough.
Here we can see Some easiest remedies
Step 1: For Cold & Congested Nose
- Mix honey with Lemon juice and drink it
- For nagging cough and chest congestion
- Boil 3 cups of water with 2 fresh betel leaves and 4 crushed peppercorns, till the water is reduced to half. Strain and drink it every morning and night with a teaspoon of honey.
Step 2: For Cold & Cough
- Take a half teaspoon of sukku (dry ginger)powder, a pinch of clove, a pinch of cinnamon powder and honey in a cup of boiled water and drink it as tea.
- Boil Tulasi (Ocimum tenuiflorum or Holy Basil leaf) in a glass of water, till the water reduces to half. Drink it with honey
- For fever and cough of children, give some honey mixed with water.
Step 3: For Sleeping Problem
Drink a cup of warm cow milk with honey before going to bed at night.
Step 4: For Sun Tan and Skin Darkness
Take some curd and mix some honey in it. Apply this along the tanned parts of your body.
This will make wonders to remove the tans when applied continuously for 15 days.
Step 5: For Asthma
Take 15 thulasi leaves(Basil), 2 cloves, 10 black peppercorns.
Soak in water and boil for 15 minutes, filter it, and add some milk with 2 teaspoons of honey and drink.
Step 6: Indigestion for Babies
Juice of ginger and honey is given for babies suffering with indigestion
It is best remedy for babies not fed by mother milk and depends on tin food products.
Step 7: For Face Scrub
- Mix half a bowl of oat meal, 6 -7 crushed almonds, 2 tablespoon of honey and some milk.
- Apply on face and massage gently for 2 minutes and wash with warm water.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of honey , 1 tablespoon of olive oil, 1/2 cup of sugar and half a lemon juice
- Scrub on face
It removes dead skin and improves blood circulation. Keeps skin fresh and prevents wrinkles.
Its all natural and toxin free. Try it. Feel the difference.
Have a healthy life.
Vote me. Thank you.