Have you ever had a problem of what to serve your unexpected guests with in a short period of time that will leave a good impression on them? Well! Today, i have a quick, easy and very stylish recipe :))
Let's start making wrapped hot dogs and then serve a nice salad that goes along with our everyday "stylish" dish :))
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: INGREDIENTS NEEDED
INGREDIENTS NEEDED FOR THE WRAPPED HOT DOGS:
1. Simple hot dogs from a store (cut into two or three pieces: depending on their thickness)
2. Puff Pastry Dough Sheets from a store (If you have the recipe of the dough, you may make it at home but it'll take more time :)
INGREDIENTS NEEDED FOR THE SALAD
1. Half of a middle sized Avocado OPTIONAL: Sesame Seeds
2. Juice of a freshly quizzed lemon (half lemon is enough)
3. Lemony-tasting Basil (The leaves look like regular green basil leaves, but it tastes like lemongrass )
4. Three medium-sized cucumbers (peeled and cut into small squares)
5. Red Ground Pepper / Paprika
6. Some dried Dill (or any sweet tasting dried herb)
7. Salt and a little bit of Black Ground pepper
8. Some Olive or Almond oil is preferred (you may use whatever oil you use for your salads)
Step 2: Preparation of Hot Dogs
Everybody knows how to cook a hot dog but let's try to bake it this time :)
1. Before putting the hot dogs into your oven, first cut them into two or three pieces (if they are thick and short, then cut into 2, if they are thin and long, then cut into 3 pieces)
2. Then make some narrow strips from the puff pastry dough (they sell squares of semi-ready puff pastry dough).
NOTE: Please refer to the video for better understanding of this part).
3. Turn on your Oven to 385 ℉ to preheat for the puff pastry to rise faster.
4. Start wrapping the dough around each piece of the cut hot dog. (The whole process is shown in the video)
5. Now, place the wrapped hot dogs on a Baking Sheet: leave some space in between the hot dogs.
6. After placing the baking sheet into your oven, check the hot dogs in 15-20 minutes! If the dough has become golden brown, then your hot dogs are ready to be served :)
7. Turn Off the oven AND LEAVE THE HOT DOGS INSIDE TILL THEY COOL DOWN a little bit !
8. Take out the baking sheet and place the warm hot dogs in the serving plate! Now let's make our salad!
Step 3: Preparation of the Avocado Salad
1. Cut half of the medium-sized Avocado into small cubes and add to a bowl
2. Peel and cut the cucumbers into small cubes and add to the bowl
3. Chop the lemony-tasting fresh green Basil and add to the bowl
4. add the freshly squeezed lemon juice, the salt and a little bit of red (sweet paprika) and black (hot) ground peppers to the bowl
5. Add the Olive / Almond Oil to your salad and mix it well.
6. For an extra taste, you may add some sesame seeds to your salad !
Step 4: Serve Your Snack With a Style
Now that both: the Hot Dogs and The Salad are ready, you may arrange them into a nice-looking tray by putting the salad into a transparent bowl and placing the hot dogs around it in a plate.
Well! Now YOU ARE READY TO SERVE YOUR SNACK IN A STYLE !!!
P.S. THANKS FOR VISITING MY INSTRUCTABLES PAGE !
Please visit my Youtube Channel at : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRLM5aZ53GyeborSk...
for more salad and dish recipes, as well as easy and interesting DIY projects and HAULS !