Here's a Game Day appetizer to guaranteed to warm you up from the inside out!
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Ingredients and Prep:
- 4 oz Mexican Chorizo Sausage
- 4 oz. Cream Cheese-softened
- 3/4 cup Sour Cream
- 1 1/2 cups grated Colby Jack Cheese- (1/4 cup reserved for garnish)
- 3/4 cup Black Olives- coarsely chopped- (1/4 cup reserved for garnish)
- 1/4 cup plus 2 Tablespoons Green onions- thinly sliced- (2 Tablespoons reserved for garnish)
- 2 teaspoons Chipotle Chilis in Adobo- minced
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic Seasoning Salt
Squeeze the chorizo from the casing into a small heavy saute pan. Stir in 2 tablespoons water and cook over medium-high heat until the mixture begins to simmer. Reduce heat to low, simmer 5-10 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside. Allow it to cool completely.
Mince the chipotle chilis. Slice the green onions. Rinse and chop the black olives. Grate the cheese.
Set the garnish portions aside.
Step 2: Make and Bake:
Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
Combine softened cream cheese, sour cream, minced chipotle peppers and garlic salt in a medium bowl. Whisk until smooth. Taste. Add more salt and chipotles as desired.
Fold in the cooled chorizo, 1 and 1/4 cup shredded cheese, 1/2 cup chopped olives and 1/2 cup sliced green onions. Stir to combine well.
Turn the mixture into a 1 qt Casserole dish. Cover and bake 20-25 minutes until hot and bubbly.
Remove the cover and stir well before garnishing.
Garnish immediately with the reserved shredded cheese, olive and green onions. Let the cheesy chorizo sauce cool for a few minutes before serving.
Spoon over Tortilla chips for a Nacho-style appetizer... or just scoop the cheesy goodness up with Pita chips, Bagel chips or any chip that suits your fancy...
You may now... DEVOUR! ;-P~