The answer is because no one has written one. But you can change all that.
Below is a list of "wanted Instructables". Write an Instructable about one of these topics and you will be eligible to win an Instructables Burning Questions Prize Pack consisting of a robot patch and a Burning Questions bumper sticker! Just be sure to provide a great Instructable and give it the same title as it appears in the list.
- How to Write a Cover Letter
- How to Potty Train a Child
- How to house train a puppy
- How to get sap or resin off of a car
- How to build a baby gate
- How to moonwalk
- Tips for being a Gothic Lolita
- How to land a plane
- What to do in a car crash
- Push start a car
- Jump a Dead Car Battery
- How to split logs
- How to roast a pig
- How to make a corsage
- How to silence your critics
- How to kick-start a motorcycle
- How to get rid of foot fungus
- Pick a hat that looks good on you
- How to eat healthy
- How to meet girls
- How to meet guys
- How to do laundry
- Get rid of circles under your eyes
- How to look younger
- How to cope with aging
- Politely end a conversation
- How to leave school early
- How to give a hickey
- How to hide a hickey
- How to look good
- How to be attractive
- Get a free upgrade to first class
- Sneak into large events
- How to retire young
- Stock Investment Tips
- How to improve eyesight
- Properly stretch before exercise
- How to be a rock star
- Increase battery life for electronics
- How to Identify Constellations
- Get rid of woodpeckers
- How to get rid of unwanted animals
- They have to be titled exactly as they appear above. Why? Because that's what people are looking for.
- They have to have a publish date after July 17th.
- They have to be on the list! Only Instructables answering questions on the list will be admitted to the group and prizes.
If multiple Instructables from multiple users are submitted as answers to the same question, we'll pick the Instructable that answers the question best and declare them the winner. So make sure that your answer is the best it can possibly be!
Unlike previous rounds of Burning Questions, prize notifications will be mailed after the close of the contest rather then along the way as before.
That's it, so go forth and hunt down the answers for some of these Burning Questions! Once again, the title needs to be the same as it is in the list!
Open to enter: July 17, 2008 00:00:00 12:01 AM PST
Deadline for entries: August 17, 2008 00:00:00 11:59 PM PST
[/contest/burningquestions5/ View Contest now!]
Step 1: Official Rules
1. All federal, state, and local taxes on prize are the sole responsibility of the winner. No purchases are necessary; void where prohibited by law.
2. Participants agree to abide by all decisions of Instructables, contest co-sponsors, and judges, which shall be final and binding with respect to all issues relating to this contest.
3. Prize is not transferable and no cash alternative or prize substitution is available. Instructables and contest co-sponsors reserve the right to substitute a similar prize of equal or greater value if the prize listed is unavailable for any reason. All potential winners are subject to verification at the discretion of Instructables and contest co-sponsors.
4. Winner agrees that prizes are being provided "as is", and Instructables and contest co-sponsors make no warranty, representation or guarantee regarding the prize, including but not limited to its quality, condition, merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
5. Instructables and contest co-sponsors are not responsible for problems including (but not limited to) damaged, incorrect, inaccurate, lost, delayed, or defective entries, or for injury or damage to any computer resulting from participation in this contest. Entries that have been tampered with or altered are void.
6. Instructables reserves the right to modify, cancel, postpone or end the contest at any time as necessary, at its sole discretion, or to disqualify any participant or winner, at its sole discretion, deemed to have cheated, destroyed, obstructed, or otherwise acted illegally or in bad faith in relation to this contest.
7. Instructables reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds, in its sole discretion, to be in violation of the Terms of Service; to be acting in violation of these Official Rules; to be acting in a unethical or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person.
8. By submitting an entry and entering this contest, you represent and warrant that: you are over the age of 18, or entering with the knowledge and permission of your parent or guardian (subject to verification), and that the entry does not contain or incorporate the intellectual property and/or confidential information of any third party.
9. By submitting an entry and entering this contest, you hereby grant Instructables a perpetual, irrevocable, sublicenseable, worldwide, royalty free right to publish and distribute your entry for their promotional purposes.
10. Governing Law: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of the official rules, or the rights of entrants, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with, the substance laws of the State of California and any applicable laws and regulations of the United States.