Introduction: How to Enter Burning Questions: Round 7
The answer is because no one has written one. But you can change all that.
Below is a list of Instructables that we'd like to have written.
Write an Instructable about one of the topics on the "Wanted List" and you will be eligible to win an Instructables Robot t-shirt, a Burning Questions bumper sticker and an Instructables Robot patch! The three best Instructables submitted in the contest will also win a copy of the Best of Instructables Book: Volume 1, autographed by the entire Instructables team!
Just be sure to provide a great Instructable and give it the same title as it appears in the list. Please read the full requirements below before entering as they have changed slightly from previous rounds.
- Remodel your kitchen
- Learn to dance
- Garden art
- Dog treats
- Remodel bathroom
- Homemade pizza
- Carpet cleaning
- Homemade ice cream
- Fix a leaky faucet
- Clean windows
- How to make paper
- Build hydroponics
- Write a resume
- Make an avatar
- Create a PDF
- Make your own wedding invitations
- Make up tips
- Build a wrestling ring
- Get on myspace at school
- How to make fairy wings
- Remove an ingrown hair
- Microwave potato
- Roasted garlic
- How to clean a keyboard
- Get rid of black circles under your eyes
- Grout and tile cleaning
- How to thread eyebrows
- Find your bra size
- Shoe shine
- Draw manga characters
- Paper mache
- Clean a computer mouse (updated 3/19)
- Homemade paper (updated 3/19)
- The Instructables have to be of very good quality. So include well written text, plenty of details, original pictures, and provide a thorough answer to the question. If they're lousy (and you know when they are), your project won't be allowed into the contest.
- The Instructables have to include their own original images taken by you, the author. Instructables comprised of images found online will not be allowed into the group.
- They have to be titled exactly as they appear above. Why? Because that's what people are looking for.
- They have to have a publish date after March 5th.
- They have to be on the list! Only Instructables answering questions on the list will be admitted to the group.
That's it, so go forth and hunt down the answers for some of these Burning Questions!
Grand Prize: The top three Burning Questions winning answers will receive an autographed copy of the Best of Instructables Book: Volume 1 signed by the entire Instructables team, and a Burning Questions prize pack consisting of an Instructables robot t-shirt, a Burning Questions bumper sticker and a robot patch.
First Prize: Winning answers will receive a Burning Questions prize pack consisting of an Instructables robot t-shirt, a Burning Questions bumper sticker and a robot patch.
Open to enter: 2009-03-05 12:01 AM PST
Deadline for entries: 2009-04-12 11:59 PM PST
View Contest now!
Step 1: Official Rules
1. All federal, state, and local taxes on prize are the sole responsibility of the winner. No purchases are necessary; void where prohibited by law.
2. Participants agree to abide by all decisions of Instructables, contest co-sponsors, and judges, which shall be final and binding with respect to all issues relating to this contest.
3. Prize is not transferable and no cash alternative or prize substitution is available. Instructables and contest co-sponsors reserve the right to substitute a similar prize of equal or greater value if the prize listed is unavailable for any reason. All potential winners are subject to verification at the discretion of Instructables and contest co-sponsors.
4. Winner agrees that prizes are being provided "as is", and Instructables and contest co-sponsors make no warranty, representation or guarantee regarding the prize, including but not limited to its quality, condition, merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
5. Instructables and contest co-sponsors are not responsible for problems including (but not limited to) damaged, incorrect, inaccurate, lost, delayed, or defective entries, or for injury or damage to any computer resulting from participation in this contest. Entries that have been tampered with or altered are void.
6. Instructables reserves the right to modify, cancel, postpone or end the contest at any time as necessary, at its sole discretion, or to disqualify any participant or winner, at its sole discretion, deemed to have cheated, destroyed, obstructed, or otherwise acted illegally or in bad faith in relation to this contest.
7. Instructables reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds, in its sole discretion, to be in violation of the Terms of Service; to be acting in violation of these Official Rules; to be acting in a unethical or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person.
8. By submitting an entry and entering this contest, you represent and warrant that: you are over the age of 18, or entering with the knowledge and permission of your parent or guardian (subject to verification), and that the entry does not contain or incorporate the intellectual property and/or confidential information of any third party.
9. By submitting an entry and entering this contest, you hereby grant Instructables a perpetual, irrevocable, sublicenseable, worldwide, royalty free right to publish and distribute your entry for their promotional purposes.
10. Governing Law: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of the official rules, or the rights of entrants, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with, the substance laws of the State of California and any applicable laws and regulations of the United States.