Intro: How to Enter the Horny Toad Invent-a-Sport Contest
All the world's a playing field and all of us merely players. ~ Shakespeare (sort of)
There are hundreds of sports out there with well-defined rules to follow (boring), but we here at Instructables and the folks at Horny Toad think rules are made to be broken. Horny Toad's mantra, "Everyday is an Adventure" has inspired countless crazy antics like lake biking, chair skiing and trampoline dodgeball - all in the name of fun and why the heck not?
So we're throwing down the challenge to invent your own sport! Make a good one and we'll hook you up with hundreds of dollars worth of clothes from Horny Toad!
We want to see some creative new sports from you. The games can be variations on existing sports, but they need to be original. To enter the contest you need to explain how to play the sport to and how to make any custom equipment, if needed. A video showing the game in action is a major bonus, but not required.
The only rule that has to be included is: Have Fun! The sun is shining and the days are long so get out there and create a new way to play! For some inspiration, checkout the slideshow.
Grand Prize (1 winner)
A $400 gift certificate forHorny Toad clothes.
First Prize (4 winners)
A $200 gift certificate forHorny Toad clothes.
Runner Up (4 winners)
A $100 gift certificate for Horny Toad clothes.
Open to enter: 2008-07-10 00:00:00 12:01 AM PST
Deadline for entries: 2008-08-11 00:00:00 11:59 PM PST
Step 1: Official Rules
1. All federal, state, and local taxes on prize are the sole responsibility of the winner. No purchases are necessary; void where prohibited by law.
2. Participants agree to abide by all decisions of Instructables, contest co-sponsors, and judges, which shall be final and binding with respect to all issues relating to this contest.
3. Prize is not transferable and no cash alternative or prize substitution is available. Instructables and contest co-sponsors reserve the right to substitute a similar prize of equal or greater value if the prize listed is unavailable for any reason. All potential winners are subject to verification at the discretion of Instructables and contest co-sponsors.
4. Winner agrees that prizes are being provided "as is", and Instructables and contest co-sponsors make no warranty, representation or guarantee regarding the prize, including but not limited to its quality, condition, merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
5. Instructables and contest co-sponsors are not responsible for problems including (but not limited to) damaged, incorrect, inaccurate, lost, delayed, or defective entries, or for injury or damage to any computer resulting from participation in this contest. Entries that have been tampered with or altered are void.
6. Instructables reserves the right to modify, cancel, postpone or end the contest at any time as necessary, at its sole discretion, or to disqualify any participant or winner, at its sole discretion, deemed to have cheated, destroyed, obstructed, or otherwise acted illegally or in bad faith in relation to this contest.
7. Instructables reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds, in its sole discretion, to be in violation of the Terms of Service; to be acting in violation of these Official Rules; to be acting in a unethical or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person.
8. By submitting an entry and entering this contest, you represent and warrant that: you are over the age of 18, or entering with the knowledge and permission of your parent or guardian (subject to verification), and that the entry does not contain or incorporate the intellectual property and/or confidential information of any third party.
9. By submitting an entry and entering this contest, you hereby grant Instructables and Horny Toad a perpetual, irrevocable, sublicenseable, worldwide, royalty free right to publish and distribute your entry for their promotional purposes.
10. Governing Law: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of the official rules, or the rights of entrants, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with, the substance laws of the State of California and any applicable laws and regulations of the United States.