Intro: How to Enter the T-Shirt Hacks Speed Contest
Have some old or boring t-shirts lying around? Then use them for your next DIY project! Cut 'em, sew 'em, dye 'em, print on 'em, add electronics, or decorate 'em with LEDs, googley eyes, and fringe -- whatever you need to make them fabulous.
So do you have some tips for making a dull shirt fantastic? Prove it, and win a custom laser-cut stencil that you can use to apply your favorite design to just about anything!
The requirements are pretty simple: modify a t-shirt in a creative way to give it a new look. You can use more than one shirt or add anything you like, but the result should still be wearable. Put the instructions and pictures in an Instructable in the T-Shirt Hacks speed challenge in the next couple weeks and you're good to go!
Voting Prize: One custom laser-cut stencil for applying designs to shirts or any other piece of clothing and an Instructables Robot t-shirt.
Pageviews Prize: One custom laser-cut stencil for applying designs to shirts or any other piece of clothing and an Instructables Robot t-shirt.
Random Prize: One custom laser-cut stencil for applying designs to shirts or any other piece of clothing and an Instructables Robot t-shirt.
Runner Up: An Instructables Robot t-shirt.
Open to enter: 2008-03-20 12:01 AM PST
Deadline for entries: 2008-04-06 11:59 PM PST
[/contest/tshirthacks/ View Contest now!]
Step 1: Official Rules
1. All federal, state, and local taxes on prize are the sole responsibility of the winner. No purchases are necessary; void where prohibited by law.
2. Participants agree to abide by all decisions of Instructables, contest co-sponsors, and judges, which shall be final and binding with respect to all issues relating to this contest.
3. Prize is not transferable and no cash alternative or prize substitution is available. Instructables and contest co-sponsors reserve the right to substitute a similar prize of equal or greater value if the prize listed is unavailable for any reason. All potential winners are subject to verification at the discretion of Instructables and contest co-sponsors.
4. Winner agrees that prizes are being provided "as is", and Instructables and contest co-sponsors make no warranty, representation or guarantee regarding the prize, including but not limited to its quality, condition, merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
5. Instructables and contest co-sponsors are not responsible for problems including (but not limited to) damaged, incorrect, inaccurate, lost, delayed, or defective entries, or for injury or damage to any computer resulting from participation in this contest. Entries that have been tampered with or altered are void.
6. Instructables reserves the right to modify, cancel, postpone or end the contest at any time as necessary, at its sole discretion, or to disqualify any participant or winner, at its sole discretion, deemed to have cheated, destroyed, obstructed, or otherwise acted illegally or in bad faith in relation to this contest.
7. Instructables reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds, in its sole discretion, to be in violation of the Terms of Service; to be acting in violation of these Official Rules; to be acting in a unethical or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person.
8. By submitting an entry and entering this contest, you represent and warrant that: you are over the age of 18, or entering with the knowledge and permission of your parent or guardian (subject to verification), and that the entry does not contain or incorporate the intellectual property and/or confidential information of any third party.
9. By submitting an entry and entering this contest, you hereby grant Instructables a perpetual, irrevocable, sublicenseable, worldwide, royalty free right to publish and distribute your entry for their promotional purposes.
10. Governing Law: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of the official rules, or the rights of entrants, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with, the substance laws of the State of California and any applicable laws and regulations of the United States.