Intro: How to Enter the Art of Sound Contest
That's why we've teamed up withZalytron,Create Digital Music, andBleep Labs to bring you the Art of Sound Contest. Show us something amazing and music-related, and win an awesome set of hand-built custom speakers or a musical instrument kit!
This contest is open to any project that creates something beautiful with or around sound. Whether you're into homemade/modified instruments, circuit-bending, speakers, sound activation, or anything else, this contest is for you. Simply create, modify, actuate, craft, decorate, enhance, display, amplify, or visualize sound, and tell us how and why you did it. It can be your take on a classic project, or something entirely new and unique - it's up to you!
Now show us your original instrument, your tricked-out subwoofer, or your sound-responsive wall of LEDs! Be thorough, and document your project well so others can follow in your footsteps. Share your skills and experience to help inspire others, expand the possibilities of both sound and art, and win some fabulous prizes!
Multiple entries are fine, but only one prize per entrant.
Inernational entries are OK, but speakers can only be shipped within the U.S. International winners must take care of shipping.
One of a kind set of racing stripe upholstered hi-fi Focal speakers paired with a 12" Zalyton subwoofer with built-in 100 watt amplifier that features a sound dampening truck bed liner paint job and waterjet-cut steel flames. These speakers not only sound great, but they look smokin' hot too.
Pair of monstrously awesome Focal speakers. Each of these beasts sound blissfully sweet and have more than enough personality to match. Speakers come with a large set of attachments to change up the look any way you want!
One quirkily great Thingamakit from Bleep Labs. Also an Instructables Robot t-shirt, patch, and stickers.
Open to enter: May 27, 2009 12:01 AM PST
Deadline for entries: July 26, 2009 11:59 PM PST
View Contest now!
Step 1: Official Rules
1. All federal, state, and local taxes on prize are the sole responsibility of the winner. No purchases are necessary; void where prohibited by law.
2. Participants agree to abide by all decisions of Instructables, contest co-sponsors, and judges, which shall be final and binding with respect to all issues relating to this contest.
3. Prize is not transferable and no cash alternative or prize substitution is available. Instructables and contest co-sponsors reserve the right to substitute a similar prize of equal or greater value if the prize listed is unavailable for any reason. All potential winners are subject to verification at the discretion of Instructables and contest co-sponsors.
4. Winner agrees that prizes are being provided "as is", and Instructables and contest co-sponsors make no warranty, representation or guarantee regarding the prize, including but not limited to its quality, condition, merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
5. Instructables and contest co-sponsors are not responsible for problems including (but not limited to) damaged, incorrect, inaccurate, lost, delayed, or defective entries, or for injury or damage to any computer resulting from participation in this contest. Entries that have been tampered with or altered are void.
6. Instructables reserves the right to modify, cancel, postpone or end the contest at any time as necessary, at its sole discretion, or to disqualify any participant or winner, at its sole discretion, deemed to have cheated, destroyed, obstructed, or otherwise acted illegally or in bad faith in relation to this contest.
7. Instructables reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds, in its sole discretion, to be in violation of the Terms of Service; to be acting in violation of these Official Rules; to be acting in a unethical or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person.
8. By submitting an entry and entering this contest, you represent and warrant that: you are over the age of 18, or entering with the knowledge and permission of your parent or guardian (subject to verification), and that the entry does not contain or incorporate the intellectual property and/or confidential information of any third party.
9. By submitting an entry and entering this contest, you hereby grant Instructables a perpetual, irrevocable, sublicenseable, worldwide, royalty free right to publish and distribute your entry for their promotional purposes.
10. Governing Law: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of the official rules, or the rights of entrants, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with, the substance laws of the State of California and any applicable laws and regulations of the United States.