Introduction: How to Enter the Holiday Treats Contest
The holidays are a time for feasting on loads of delicious foods and then following it up with some sugary treats. Desserts also make greats gift for friends and neighbors on your list, as well as fantastic decorations and stocking stuffers. Most families have at least one cherished recipe to make every year.
What's your ideal treat to finish a decadent holiday meal? Whether you've made it for Thanksgiving dinner, or are already prepping for December, now's the perfect time to share your favorites. Sugar cookies, great cakes, trifles, Yule logs, brownies, hard candies... we want to see them all!
If you have the best dessert around, then share it in the Holiday Treats Contest. We're going to be giving away laser-engraved rolling pins and t-shirts to the first prize winners and t-shirts to the runners-up. Also, many of the prizes will be determined by user vote so cook to impress!
So get cooking and baking and make something tasty!
Laser-engraved rolling pin, an Instructables Robot t-shirt, and a patch and stickers. One winner determined by user votes. Two winners will be judges' choice.
A T-shirt featuring the Instructables Robot and an Instructables patch and stickers.
Open to enter: Nov. 11, 2008 12:01 AM PST
Deadline for entries: Dec. 8, 2008 11:59 PM PST
[/contest/holidaydesserts/ View Contest now!]
Step 1: Official Rules
1. All federal, state, and local taxes on prize are the sole responsibility of the winner. No purchases are necessary; void where prohibited by law.
2. Participants agree to abide by all decisions of Instructables, contest co-sponsors, and judges, which shall be final and binding with respect to all issues relating to this contest.
3. Prize is not transferable and no cash alternative or prize substitution is available. Instructables and contest co-sponsors reserve the right to substitute a similar prize of equal or greater value if the prize listed is unavailable for any reason. All potential winners are subject to verification at the discretion of Instructables and contest co-sponsors.
4. Winner agrees that prizes are being provided "as is", and Instructables and contest co-sponsors make no warranty, representation or guarantee regarding the prize, including but not limited to its quality, condition, merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
5. Instructables and contest co-sponsors are not responsible for problems including (but not limited to) damaged, incorrect, inaccurate, lost, delayed, or defective entries, or for injury or damage to any computer resulting from participation in this contest. Entries that have been tampered with or altered are void.
6. Instructables reserves the right to modify, cancel, postpone or end the contest at any time as necessary, at its sole discretion, or to disqualify any participant or winner, at its sole discretion, deemed to have cheated, destroyed, obstructed, or otherwise acted illegally or in bad faith in relation to this contest.
7. Instructables reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds, in its sole discretion, to be in violation of the Terms of Service; to be acting in violation of these Official Rules; to be acting in a unethical or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person.
8. By submitting an entry and entering this contest, you represent and warrant that: you are over the age of 18, or entering with the knowledge and permission of your parent or guardian (subject to verification), and that the entry does not contain or incorporate the intellectual property and/or confidential information of any third party.
9. By submitting an entry and entering this contest, you hereby grant Instructables a perpetual, irrevocable, sublicenseable, worldwide, royalty free right to publish and distribute your entry for their promotional purposes.
10. Governing Law: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of the official rules, or the rights of entrants, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with, the substance laws of the State of California and any applicable laws and regulations of the United States.