Intro: How to Enter the Party Like It's 1929! Contest
Times are tough - the stock market is crashing like it's 1929, and with the economy in the toilet it's time to get creative.
Our grandparents and great-grandparents got through the Great Depression with the help of hundreds of little tricks to save money and live with less. We can do even better!
Maybe you're reusing, repurposing, or upcycling your old gear; maybe you're combining trips, hypermiling, or carpooling to save gas; maybe you're preserving produce from your garden. There are a million little things you can do to save money, and we want to see them!
So what tricks do you know of to stretch your money a little further? Share them with us and you could win a Kill a Watt device that tells you how much electricity your devices are using in order to make your house super efficient! We're also giving away Instructables Robot t-shirts, patches, and stickers. Just enter your favorite cost-saving methods to help everyone else out.
So let's get to it - we're going to save money, and Party Like It's 1929!
PrizesFirst Prize (3 winners)
A copy of The Best of Instructables, aKill a Watt Electricity Monitor to help you keep your electric bill under control, an Instructables Robot t-shirt to keep you warm, and a patch and some stickers for fun!
Runner Up (10 winners) Instructables Robot t-shirt, patch, and stickers.
Open to enter: Oct. 15, 2008-12:01 AM PST
Deadline for entries: Nov. 2, 200811:59 PM PST
View Contest now!
Step 1: Official Rules
1. All federal, state, and local taxes on prize are the sole responsibility of the winner. No purchases are necessary; void where prohibited by law.
2. Participants agree to abide by all decisions of Instructables, contest co-sponsors, and judges, which shall be final and binding with respect to all issues relating to this contest.
3. Prize is not transferable and no cash alternative or prize substitution is available. Instructables and contest co-sponsors reserve the right to substitute a similar prize of equal or greater value if the prize listed is unavailable for any reason. All potential winners are subject to verification at the discretion of Instructables and contest co-sponsors.
4. Winner agrees that prizes are being provided "as is", and Instructables and contest co-sponsors make no warranty, representation or guarantee regarding the prize, including but not limited to its quality, condition, merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
5. Instructables and contest co-sponsors are not responsible for problems including (but not limited to) damaged, incorrect, inaccurate, lost, delayed, or defective entries, or for injury or damage to any computer resulting from participation in this contest. Entries that have been tampered with or altered are void.
6. Instructables reserves the right to modify, cancel, postpone or end the contest at any time as necessary, at its sole discretion, or to disqualify any participant or winner, at its sole discretion, deemed to have cheated, destroyed, obstructed, or otherwise acted illegally or in bad faith in relation to this contest.
7. Instructables reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds, in its sole discretion, to be in violation of the Terms of Service; to be acting in violation of these Official Rules; to be acting in a unethical or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person.
8. By submitting an entry and entering this contest, you represent and warrant that: you are over the age of 18, or entering with the knowledge and permission of your parent or guardian (subject to verification), and that the entry does not contain or incorporate the intellectual property and/or confidential information of any third party.
9. By submitting an entry and entering this contest, you hereby grant Instructables a perpetual, irrevocable, sublicenseable, worldwide, royalty free right to publish and distribute your entry for their promotional purposes.
10. Governing Law: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of the official rules, or the rights of entrants, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with, the substance laws of the State of California and any applicable laws and regulations of the United States.