Plastic bottles deserve another chance. They take care of their precious liquid cargo when you have to drink on the go, then most of them get the old heave-ho when empty. This just isn't right, so we're having a Keep the Bottle Contest!
Show us what cool things you can do with a plastic bottle. After you've quenched your thirst, use your head to come up with some cool and funky uses for it. Whether it's super useful, artistic, or just plain silly, we want to see the creative ideas you come up with.
Post an awesome project, and win aVoltaic solar-powered backpack so you'll never run dry on green power! Not only doVoltaics keep you on the go, the fabric in the bags is made from recycled plastic bottles! We'll be giving three Converter bags away: one selected by user votes and two selected by our judges.
Entries accepted from anywhere in the world, and there is no limit to the number of Instructables you can enter! You can only win one prize per contest. Now, get to it and show us your bottles!
Solar-powered backpack from Voltaic, theConverter. Never run out of juice for your electronics again!
Also an Instructables Robot t-shirt, patch, and stickers.
Refillable Tap'dNY Sigg bottle and a T-shirt featuring the Instructables Robot, an Instructables patch and stickers.
Open to enter: Jan 8, 2009 12:01 AM PST
Deadline for entries: Feb 1, 2009 11:59 PM PST
View Contest now!
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Official Rules
1. All federal, state, and local taxes on prize are the sole responsibility of the winner. No purchases are necessary; void where prohibited by law.
2. Participants agree to abide by all decisions of Instructables, contest co-sponsors, and judges, which shall be final and binding with respect to all issues relating to this contest.
3. Prize is not transferable and no cash alternative or prize substitution is available. Instructables and contest co-sponsors reserve the right to substitute a similar prize of equal or greater value if the prize listed is unavailable for any reason. All potential winners are subject to verification at the discretion of Instructables and contest co-sponsors.
4. Winner agrees that prizes are being provided "as is", and Instructables and contest co-sponsors make no warranty, representation or guarantee regarding the prize, including but not limited to its quality, condition, merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
5. Instructables and contest co-sponsors are not responsible for problems including (but not limited to) damaged, incorrect, inaccurate, lost, delayed, or defective entries, or for injury or damage to any computer resulting from participation in this contest. Entries that have been tampered with or altered are void.
6. Instructables reserves the right to modify, cancel, postpone or end the contest at any time as necessary, at its sole discretion, or to disqualify any participant or winner, at its sole discretion, deemed to have cheated, destroyed, obstructed, or otherwise acted illegally or in bad faith in relation to this contest.
7. Instructables reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds, in its sole discretion, to be in violation of the Terms of Service; to be acting in violation of these Official Rules; to be acting in a unethical or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person.
8. By submitting an entry and entering this contest, you represent and warrant that: you are over the age of 18, or entering with the knowledge and permission of your parent or guardian (subject to verification), and that the entry does not contain or incorporate the intellectual property and/or confidential information of any third party.
9. By submitting an entry and entering this contest, you hereby grant Instructables a perpetual, irrevocable, sublicenseable, worldwide, royalty free right to publish and distribute your entry for their promotional purposes.
10. Governing Law: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of the official rules, or the rights of entrants, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with, the substance laws of the State of California and any applicable laws and regulations of the United States.