Intro: How to Install Homebrew Onto a Wii With 4.0
This instruct-able will explain how you install home-brew onto a Wii with 4.0. This will also put the program DVDx onto your Wii as well.
[DISCLAIMER!] I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS BRICKING YOUR WII AS I DID NOT MAKE THE FILES YOU HAVE TO USE FOR THIS INSTRUCT-ABLE.
Step 1: What You Need
For this instruct-able you will need...
- A Wii (duh!)
- A Computer
- An SD card
- An SD card reader (or a way to put an SD card into your computer)
Once you have all of those things you are ready for the next step.
Step 2: What You Need to Do With the Computer
1. First put in your SD card.
2. Download the file named "aad1f_v108.zip" from this site: http://bannerbomb.qoid.us/
3. Next Download the file named "HackMii Installer v0.2" from this site http://bootmii.org/download
4. Unzip the file "aad1f_v108.zip" to the root of the SD card.
5. Drag the file named "installer.elf"from the folder hackmii_installer_beta2 to the root of the SD card and rename it "boot.elf"
Now we are done with the computer!
Step 3: Installing Homebrew
1. Insert the SD card into the Wii
2. Turn you Wii on
3. now pay close attention.
4. Go to Wi/Data Management/Channels/Wii
5. Now in the top bar click on the button that says SD card
6. It should say something like "install boot.dol?" and click yes
Now You can install the Home-brew channel and DVDx
Now you should have the Home-brew Channel
(It should not show DVDx because it is a hidden channel)
By the way if you went into save data or the SD card on the channel screen it will not work. You must go into channels