Check out the printable recipe here: http://vegetarianbaker.com/apple-chips
Everyone seems to be on a health kick lately, however you don't have to sacrifice flavor for nutrition. Apple chips are a great alternative to chips, but also very delicious. They are easy to make and hard to keep in your pantry. Apple chips are slow baked to get the moisture out, but lock the flavor it. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do. If you have recipe you would like to see me make, let me know in the comments below. Let me know of what you think of this recipe on via twitter or instagram(@vegetarianbaker & #thevegetarianbaker)
- 1 Granny Smith Apple
- 2 Tablespoons Brown Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Cinnamon
- Pre-heat oven to 225*F.
- Combine the brown sugar and cinnamon. Set aside.
- Cut the apple to an even thickness using a sharp knife or mandoline. About 1/8" is desired.
- Lightly coat both sides of the apple slice with he brown sugar and cinnamon. Place on a parchment lined sheet tray.
- Place into the oven and bake for one hour. Remove from oven and flip the slices. Place back into the oven for an additional hour.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool.