Check out the printable recipe here: http://vegetarianbaker.com/Harry-Potter-Butterbee...
If you are like me, Harry Potter was my childhood. I grew up reading the books and enjoying the movies, but always wanted to try the food from the books. Butterbeer is one of those recipes that just stands out to me. I have been able to visit the World of Harry Potter in Universal Studios, but this isn't a copy cat recipe. This is a Butterbeer recipe on how I expected it to taste from the books. It is a lot like a smoky apple cider. The butterscotch and bourbon bring out some delicious flavors and the ginger just gives it the right amount of kick. If you are under the legal drinking age, or just rather have this non-alcoholic, substitute the bourbon whiskey for a little more apple cider. I hope you enjoy this recipe for Butterbeer. If you have recipe you would like to see me make, let me know in the comments below. Let me know of what you think of this recipe on via twitter or instagram(@vegetarianbaker & #thevegetarianbaker)
Subscribe, It's Free: http://bit.ly/SubscribeToVegetarianBaker
- Homemade Butterscotch | 3-4 Tbs (http://bit.ly/SauceButterscotch)
- Apple Cider | 1 1/2 Cups (http://bit.ly/EasyAppleCider)
- Bourbon Whiskey | 1/4 Cup
- Ginger Beer (or Ginger Ale) | 1 Cup
- Whipped Cream For Garnish (http://bit.ly/EasyWhippedCream |
- Combine the apple cider, butterscotch, and bourbon in a small sauce pan. On low heat, bring to a simmer. The butterscotch should be completely melted.
- Remove from heat and add the ginger beer. Give it a stir to make sure all is mixed.
- Ladle into a glass and garnish with a dollop of whipped cream and a drizzle of butterscotch. Serve warm.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
丹喬 made it!