Lavender sachets are great for scenting linens, hanging in closets, and from bedposts for a peaceful night's sleep.
Step 1: Materials & Tools
To make a lavender heart sachet you will need the following:
1) A heart shaped pattern
2) 2 fabric scraps (I used 2 5" squares)
3) Small amount of polyester fiberfil stuffing
4) 2 teaspoons of dried lavender buds
5) A 12" length of ribbon
6) Tiny trim or decorative button for embellishment
7) A teaspoon to help with inserting the lavender
Step 2: Step 1: Cut Heart Shape
1) Use your pattern to cut 2 fabric hearts.
Step 3: Step 2: Sew & Trim Seams
1)Place right sides of hearts together and stitch around the outside edges using a 1/4" seam. Be sure to leave an opening near the bottom side to turn the heart rightside out.
2) Trim the seams, especially at the top & bottom points.
Step 4: Step 3: Turn Heart Rightside Out & Press
1) Turn the heart rightside out and press flat.
2) Make a loop with ribbon and tack to the heart.
Step 5: Step 4: Stuff Heart
1) Use fiberfil to stuff the outer borders of the heart.
2) Leave the center of the heart open and insert lavender buds.
3) Stitch opening closed.
Note: you can also fill the heart entirely with lavender buds.
Step 6: Step 5: Finishing Touches
1) Trim the bottom edges of the ribbon to add a decorative touch and prevent fraying.
2) Add flower trim or button over stitches holding the ribbon in place.
3) Hang on the wall, from a doorknob, or inside a closet.