Intro: How to Record Xbox 360 Voice Chat
This is my first Instructable that I have made, it is a step-by-step project on how to record Xbox 360 voice chat. This is extremely easy, but it is only easy IF you have all the parts. I urge you to comment on what I should make better and/or if you liked it. Thank you and enjoy this.
Step 1: Parts
These are the parts you will need to complete this Instructable.
- A headset with a *removable* microphone (EX: turtle beach xp500)
- A 2.5mm male to 3.5mm male cable (EX: link)
- A 2.5mm male to 2.5mm male (Like regular chat cable for turtle beach x12)
- An Xbox 360 controller
- A computer (How would you read this??)
- A recording software (EX: audacity)
* This needs to be a 2.5mm input
Step 2: Setup
These are the steps in which you insert the cords properly.
Take out the removable microphone in your headset
Plug one end of the 2.5mm to 2.5mm cable into the Xbox 360 Controller, and the other end goes into the headset's microphone input.
Plug in the 2.5mm to 3.5mm cable's 2.5mm side into the wired (I said that because I have a wireless connection option also) chat plug in the headset, and the 3.5mm side into your computer's microphone input.
Step 3: Start Recording
Now you can start recording Xbox 360 chat. A great program to use, once you get used to it, is Audacity. If you don't want to download a program you can just record with a program that comes with the PC, its called Sound Recorder.