Introduction: How to - Use Your Laptop As a Wireless Adapter for Xbox 360
Wireless adapters are outrageously expensive for something that I can teach you how to do with what you have. This trick can save you the $100 on the official Wireless Adapter that Microsoft greedily sells in the stores. For those of you that have spent money on one, then you just have cleaner looking model.
Note: This is for Windows 7.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Materials Needed
Okay, now here's what you need to get started.
- One Laptop
- One Xbox 360
- One Ethernet Cable (The one that came with your Xbox will work, but it's short.)
- Wireless Internet connection
Step 2: What to Do
Check out the pictures for information too.
1. Plug you Ethernet cable into your laptop and your Xbox 360
2. Second, you'll need to open up the start button
3. Then click Control Panel
4. Choose Network and Internet
5. Choose Network and Sharing Center
6. On the left side, choose Change Adapter Settings
7. Control click both of the files that are here
8. Right-Click one of them and click Bridge Connections
9. A new file should appear and now you have wireless Xbox Live!
If you wish to un-bridge the two, then you just need to delete the Network Bridge connection. Enjoy your new adapter!