The library provides additional functions for the sketch we made. These functions can help us make sketches easier.
There are many libraries that we can use. Arduino IDE's default library or external library created by someone or a community.
In this article I will show you how to add an external library.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Add Libraries Using Arduino IDE
You can add libraries directly using the Arduino IDE.
1. Click Sketch > Include Library > Manage libraries ( You can use the shortcut Ctrl + Shift + l )
2. Write library in the search tab.
3. Click install and wait until the process is complete
4. When it's finished, it will say "INSTALLED" in the title
Step 2: Add Library Using Zip File
You can search for external libraries on the Internet. Many websites provide external libraries in the form of Zip. I suggest looking for Libray on Github, because there are many people or communities that share libraries that they create.
How to add a zip file:
1. Click Sketch > Include Library > Add .Zip Library.
2. Select the zip file that has been downloaded, Then Click Open.
3. After successfully adding, close the Arduino IDE then reopen it
Step 3: Check Libraries That Have Been Added
1. Click Sketch > Include Library > scroll down
2. Look in the contributed library.
3. Successfully added libraries can be seen here.
thank you for reading, see you in the next article