These instructions are intended for iPhone users who would like to change the ringtone of a specific contact listing in their phone. The entire process takes only a couple of minutes and is simple enough for the average iPhone user. The directions can be used to successfully apply a ringtone stored in your phone settings to a contact instead of using your default tone.
- iPhone (any generation)
- Stored Ringtones
- Contact Information
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Selecting Your Contact
- Enter the home screen of your iPhone.
- Tap the "Contacts" application.
- Scroll down to the contact name you would like to apply the ringtone to.
- Tap the contact name.
Step 2: Applying the New Ringtone
- Tap "Edit" in the top right corner of the screen.
- Scroll down and tap "Ringtone".
- Select the ringtone from the drop down list you would like to use.
- Tap "Done" in the upper right corner of your screen.
- Tap "Done" once again in the upper right. Your contact should now show the tone you selected under "Ringtone".