Introduction: How to Blowdry Your Bangs Smooth
If you've ever had bangs, you know this cycle: cut bangs, get bored or tired of them, decide to grow them out, agonize through the awkward phase, succeed in growing them out, get bored and cut bangs again.
I have this theory that the reason I've repeated this cycle so many times myself is due to the simple fact that I never knew how to actually style my bangs. That changed when I went to beauty school this year!
Now that I know how to quickly blowdry and style my bangs, I wholeheartedly love them and have no intention of growing them out for the forseeable future. The cycle has been broken! Read on to learn how to quickly, easily blowdry your bangs smooth for a simple, everyday look.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Apply Your Products to Wet Hair
Everyone needs to use a heat protectant spray when doing any heat styling. I use Paul Mitchell's Heat Shield. It has no styling properties and only serves to buffer hair from heat damage. It's awesome.
So apply your products evenly to your whole head, combing between each application. The key to successful product usage is to apply it evenly to every single hair. I used Heat Shield, combed it through, added Paul Mitchell Super Strong Treatment, combed it through, then Bedhead After Party, and, you guessed it, combed it through.
Step 2: Rough-Dry Your Hair
The goal for this step is to get your scalp and roots (the first couple inches) of hair totally dry, and the rest of the hair shaft about 75% dry. I use a Paul Mitchell Neuro blowdryer and just use my fingers to move the hair around.
Step 3: Now for the Bangs!
The basic technique of blowdrying your bangs smooth is called flat-wrapping:
- Using a paddle brush (I use a Paul Mitchell 427s), brush your bangs to one side.
- Grab a small section and brush it in the opposite direction, horizontally across your head, while following the brush with a blowdryer. Direct the blowdryer only on the hair being held by the brush.
- Repeat all the way across until your hair is now brushed in the opposite direction from when you started.
- Blowdry your hair straight down across your forehead.
- Repeat steps 1-4 in the opposite direction.
- Finish by repeating step 4.
Step 4: You Have Smooth Bangs!
Thanks for reading this Instructable! You can follow me on Instagram at @KirikoKikuchi or shoot me an email at KirikoKikuchi@gmail.com.