Intro: How to Build a Vintage Country Chic Lemonade Stand
This summer I want my kids to have the best lemonade stand ever. I wanted to have the best vintage chic lemonade stand that could fold FLAT!
In this woodworking build I will show you how you can build your very own DIY vintage country chic lemonade stand using materials you can find at your local hardware store. This lemonade stand will be unlike any other lemonade stand you have ever seen because it will fold flat for storing away in the winter months. Be sure to watch the How to Build a Vintage Country Chic Lemonade Stand YouTube video and don’t forget to subscribe. If you are feeling extra generous please support me on Patreon so I can live out my childhood dream.
You can also read more about what I do on my website, www.philipmillerfurniture.com.
Step 1: Purchase Rough Sawn Lumber and Cut It to Size.
- Watch the video and download the blueprints.
- Go to your local hardware store and purchase the materials and supplies listed in the above Materials list.
- Pick out your wood. The secret here is to buy the roughest wood you can find, you want it to look worn.
- Cut the boards to size.
If you don't have a size in mind you can always download my detailed blueprints on my etsy store.
Step 2: Spray Paint Your Boards
- I used Rustoleum spray paint and painted the wood yellow and white.
- After the paint has dried, you will need to seal it with a Polyurethane or clear coat. This will seal the paint from soaking up the aging paint that you will be applying in the next step.
Step 3: Age Your Wood
- Sand the entire board using a low grit sand paper. I would use nothing higher than a 60 grit.
- Make sure to sand the high spots as well as all the edges and corners. The more you sand, the older it looks.
- Once you have the look you want it is now time to apply the aging coat. I went with a gray color and diluted it with water until it looked the way I wanted it. You can always darken it by adding black or brown, and it will take time for you to get it the way you want. Just know the more concentration that you have in your mixture the darker the aging coat will be. Be sure to use a scrap piece of wood to test everything on.
- Apply the diluted mixture with a brush to all the sanded areas. Once it is applied, wipe it off with a paint rag. The longer you let the weathering mixture stay on the wood, the darker it will stain.
Step 4: Assemble Your Lemonade Stand
- Assemble all 4 panels (Front, left/right sides and top to the frame using nails or a nail gun.
- Install the hinges.
Step 5: Paint and Assemble Your Lemonade Sign
- Cut your lemonade sign, you will want it to be a bit wider than your stand.
- Attach the top to the base and slide in the sign poles.
- Attach the Lemonade sign.
Step 6: Make Some Lemonade and Enjoy Your Hard Work.
- Be sure to purchase so lemons to make your lemonade.
- Be sure to pour yourself a glass of lemonade and enjoy you hard work.
Step 7: Set Up Your Lemonade Stand and Start Selling
- Find the perfect location and start selling your lemonade.