If you want to record HDCP content or see HDCP content on Non-HDCP TV. You need a splitter or analog connection.
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Method 1: Buy a HDMI Splitter With HDCP Stripper
Buy now in AliExpress, about $13.30: http://www.aliexpress.com/item/HDMI-1-4-1-in-2-out...
Or you can buy this item on computer store or Amazon, about $15.95: https://www.amazon.com/ViewHD-Powered-Splitter-108...
You can use this method to splitting to 2 TV
Note: You need a additional HDMI cable.
1. Connect a HDCP product to HDMI Splitter.
2. Connect HDMI Splitter to TV/DVR Gaming System such as Hauppauge HD PVR 2 Gaming Edition.
3. Reboot the device, play or watch content and HDCP error is gone!
Step 2: Method 2: Use Analog Cable
Analog cable cannot receive HDCP protection, but image may degraded.
1. Connect analog cable to HDCP equipment (such as PS4) instead of HDMI cable.
2. And connect end to the TV.
Step 3: Method 3: Disable HDCP
For PS4 owners, you can follow this instruction:
1. Open Settings -> System section.
2. Turn off Enable HDCP.
You may see error:
Cannot start the application.You must turn on [Settings] > [System] > [Enable HDCP]
Follow steps for other video equipment uses HDCP. Check the manual or documentation.