In the present day world, Windows 8, one of the latest operating system developed by Microsoft, is highly popular. There are instances that might need to capture a screenshot in Windows 8. And here are three ways for you to screenshot in Windows 8.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Make Use of the Keyboard Shortcuts
In the previous version of Windows, you would require to make use of the Print Screen button on the keyboard and then paste the screenshot captured in Paint or any other application of the same type. Now on Windows 8, it becomes much simpler, here are the steps for you to take a screenshot on Windows 8:
1) Navigate to the screen of which you wish to take screenshot.
2) Now, press the "Windows + Print Screen" buttons simultaneously (or "Fn + Print Screen" on some laptops).
3) The screenshot gets captured and would be saved in the Pictures Library.
Step 2: Using a 3rd Party Screenshot Tool
Free Screenshot Online is a web-based tool which does not require any installation or sign-up. It straightly lets you take high quality screenshots while you can also edit it. Also, the captured screenshot can be shared online with much ease.
Follow the below mentioned steps to capture a screenshot in Windows 8 using a 3rd party tool:
1) Visit the site of this tool and select on the “Take Screenshot” option on the website. It will start a Java applet to start the application. Run Java applet to load this application.
2) Hit the camera icon when the application pops up.
3) Then select the region that you wish to capture. On selecting the area, release the mouse button and you will see the screenshot visible along with several other options available for editing the screenshot.
4) The captured screenshot can be saved to your local file or to the free Cloud space or you can also share it on various social networking sites with just one click.
Step 3: Make Use of the Snipping Tool
Alternatively, you can make use of the Snipping Tool to capture screenshots or snip, annotate, save or share the screenshot you just captured. By making use of the Snipping Tool, you can capture snips of the following types: Free-form Snip, Rectangular Snip, Window Snip and Full-screen Snip.
You can follow the following steps to make use of the Snipping Tool.
1) Click on the Start button and open the Snipping Tool. You can find the Snipping Tool by searching in the search box.
2) You can click on the arrow located next to the “New” button and then select any from the list of snip Free-form, Rectangular Snip, Window Snip or Full-screen snip. Following this, select the region in the screen which you wish to capture.
3) Once the snap is captured, you can annotate by writing or drawing in the snip by selecting the mark-up window.
4) Finally, click on the “Save snip” option located in the mark-up window.