Intro: How to Chat With Steve on Minecraft
Using the magic of Plugins and a dash of the Smartbot API. You can chat with you new best bud Steve all day in the comfort of your very own minecraft server. This Video demonstrates the main functionality of the Steve Plugin!
Step 1: Getting a CraftBukkit Server
Use this link to download Craftbukkit 1.6.4
Then Place the downloaded .jar in a New Folder called CraftBukkit on your Desktop
1. Open up notepad and copy-paste the following:
java -Xmx1024M -jar craftbukkit.jar -o true
2. Save the document as run.bat (not as a .txt) in the same directory as craftbukkit.jar.
3. Double click run.bat and you're away!
Note: Make Sure you have Java Installed, as its not by default. Download it here
1. Open up TextEdit set it to plain text mode under the 'format' menu
2. Paste the following in:
cd "$( dirname "$0" )" java -Xmx1024M -jar craftbukkit.jar -o true
3. Save the file to your Craftbukkit folder as 'start_server.command"
4. Open up Terminal.app
5. Type into Terminal chmod a+x then drag the start_server.command into Terminal and hit return
6. Start the server by double clicking start_server.command
Step 2: Installing the Steve Plugin
After starting up your server, a new folder in the Craftbukkit Directory Should have been made called 'Plugins'. Download the offical Steve Plugin from bukkit.org and place the steve.jar file into your plugins folder
When you have placed the downloaded file into the plugins folder, head to the console of the Minecraft server and type reload . When the message 'reload complete' is displayed then you are free to go onto your minecraft client, remembering to use minecraft 1.6.4. Then connect to the server 'localhost'.
Note: That this plugin is made by 'Nxtguy' of the bukkit forums!
Step 3: Testing the Plugin Out
If all goes well you should be able to type /steve <Then Whatever you want to say> . This is a really a awesome plugin, Have Fun!
Also, to close the server you created, type 'stop' into the console