Hi Everyone, it's been a long time since the last post. And we are back! We want to show you something new, and combine it with uArm to see what we got. Actually, there are million things could be done to uArm, but what we do today is something special. With ultrasonic sensor and color sensor, the slider enables uArm to carry a cube automatically from one side to the other.
Ok, let's begin. There are few steps to make it happen.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Let's Get Started
1. Slider * 1
2. uArm Swift Pro* 1
3. Target Object（Red Cube, Green Cube,Yellow Cube）* 1
4. USB Type C line & uArm 30P Bottom Expansion Plate * 1
5. LCD * 1
6. Color Sensor * 1
7. Ultrasonic Sensor * 1
8. Control Board * 1
9. Drag Chain * 1
10. Power adapter * 1
1. Arduino IDE
2. Slider.ino for Arduino Mega 2560
3. uArmSwiftPro_2ndUART.hex for uArm
Step 2: Software Installation
1. Download the hex.
2. Download and extract XLoader.
3. Open XLoader and select your uArm's COM port from the drop down menu on the lower left.
4. Select the appropriate device from the dropdown list titled "Device".
5. Check that Xloader set the correct baud rate for the device: 115200 for Mega (ATMEGA2560).
6. Now use the browse button on the top right of the form to browse to your hex file.
7. Once your hex file is selected, click "Upload". The upload process generally takes about 10 seconds to finish. Once completed, a message will appear in the bottom left corner of XLoader telling you how many bytes were uploaded. If there is an error, it would show the total bytes uploaded instead. Steps should be similar and may be done through the command prompt.
Step 3: Install Master Control Board: Put the Main Control Board on the Base of the Slider
Step 4: Install Slot: Put the Slot on the Corresponding Position of the Slider
Step 5: Install Ultrasonic Sensor: Put the Ultrasonic Sensor on the Corresponding Position of the Slider; Connect the Ultrasonic Sensor to the D10-D11 Port of the Expansion Board
Step 6: Install Color Sensor: Connect the Color Sensor to the IIC Port of the Expansion Board
Step 7: Install LCD Display: Connect the LCD Display to the IIC Port of the Expansion Board
Step 8: Install UArm Power Terminal: Connect the Power Line of the UArm to the Main Control Board
Step 9: Install USB Type C Line: Connect the Type C Line to the Main Control Board
Step 10: Install UArm 30P Bottom Expansion Board: Install the UArm 30P Bottom Extension Board to the Back of UArm
Step 11: Fixed UArm: Attach the UArm to the Slider Mounting Plate
Step 12: Plug in UArm Power and USB Cord: Connect UArm Power Line and Type C Communication Cord to UArm
Step 13: Operation
After we finished the installation, what's next?
It's time to run it !!!
Step 14: Move UArm to the Starting Point: Near the End of Ultrasonic Sensor, But Remember to Leave Some Space
Step 15: Press the Power Button
Step 16: Use 12V Power Adapter to Power Up the Whole System, Then UArm Will Reach the Initial Position
Step 17: Put the Cube on the Color Sensor and Wait for UArm to Grab It
For the first time we use, adjust the position of color sensor to match the position of uArm.
*Now three colors are supported: Red, Yellow, and Green.
Step 18: Firmware Reset
In the first step, a special firmware for the slider was added to the uArm Swift Pro. The special firmware will stop the connection between uArm and uArm Studio. If you want to control uArm with uArm Studio, please follow the following steps to reset the firmware:
2. Click the "upload" button to upload the hex to uArm Swift Pro.
Step 19: Firmware Re-written
The firmware Arduino Mega2560 has been set before it shipped. If the firmware need to be re-written, please refer to the following steps:
（1） Download firmware: Slider.ino for Arduino Mega 2560
（2） Connect Mega2560 to the computer via USB cable.
Step 20: Open Firmware in the Arduino IDE and Send the Firmware to Arduino Mega2560 With the Parameters Shown Below
Ok, that's all the things i want to share with you today. Hope you enjoy playing uArm with this lovely Slider!
Created by UFACTORY Team
Official web: www.ufactory.cc