Geometric Paintings consist of linear shapes painted onto a canvas creating a complex and intricate looking piece of art. The following instructions will teach you how to easily make a geometric painting on your own at a low cost. To create this art, it takes little to no artistic ability or time and can make a beautiful edition to any space.
- Canvas (size of choice)
- Acrylic Paint (color(s) of your choice)
- Paint Brushes
- Painters Tape
- Paper Plate
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Section Off Your Canvas Using Tape
- Take your canvas and begin placing tape onto it
- Once your piece of tape is in the desired spot cut tape to size of canvas using a scissors
- Continue this process of placing tape to create geometric shapes on your canvas
TIP: If you cannot find painters tape masking tape will work as well
Step 2: Painting Your Canvas
- Take your acrylic paints of choice and squeeze small amounts of each color onto a paper plate
- Begin painting your canvas with paint brushes, staying inside the lines of your tape
- Paint each empty section until they are all filled in
Each section can be painted a different or the same color depending on your preference. If paint gets onto the tape there is nothing to worry about as the tape will be removed later on.
TIP: before you begin painting, place newspaper underneath your canvas to protect the surface you are painting on
Step 3: Removing the Tape From Your Canvas
- Once the paint is completely dry you can begin removing the tape form your canvas
- Pull on the edges of your tape to begin lifting it from the canvas
WARNING: Try to pull on tape with steady, slow pressure to avoid ripping canvas
Step 4: Admiring Your Art Work
- Your art work is now completed and is ready to be shown off
TIP: Hang your canvas in a room in your house with Command Strips to avoid damage to your wall